Ngorongoro Crater Day Tour
Ngorongoro crater is just one part of a larger area of interrelated ecosystems consisting of the crater highlands (to which the Ngorongoro Crater belongs) together with larger stretches of plains bush and woodland.
Ngorongoro crater is just one part of a larger area of interrelated ecosystems consisting of the crater highlands (to which the Ngorongoro Crater belongs) together with larger stretches of plains bush and woodland. Ngorongoro conservation area covers an area of about 8300 sq km. Near its centre is the olduvai Gorge where many fossils have been earthed. Ngorongoro Crater is one of Africa’s best known wildlife – viewing areas. The crater is about 20kms wide and it is one of the largest calderas in the world. Within its walls is a variety of animals and vegetation, including grasslands, swamps, forests, salt pans, a fresh water lake and rich wildlife. The wildlife found includes Rhinos, lions, elephants, buffalos, wildebeests, Thomson’s gazelles, zebras reedbucks etc.
At 0600 hrs in the morning, be ready for a pick up from your hotel or from your stay in Arusha town, your driver guide will collect your picnic lunches, drive 190 km on tarmac road to Ngorongoro Conservation entry gate.
From the gate, drive to the Crater Rim and spend few minutes for awesome view of the Crater from the top, descend into the crater floor for a day game drives. Ngorongoro Crater is one the largest intact caldera in the world and one of the most spectacular sights in the whole of Africa. All the BIG FIVE Rhino, Lion, Leopard, Buffalo and Elephant live in this wonderful caldera, others are Zebra, Hippo, Wildebeest, Hyena and more… Birds includes flamingos on the Soda lake, Geese, Storks, Vultures and more other bird families.
Your picnic lunch will be served in the Crater picnic site at Ngoitokok swamp, a Hippo pool, after lunch proceeds with afternoon game viewing. At 1500 hrs ascend the Crater and drive back to Arusha
- Private Jeep 4×4 equipped with refrigerator, portable charging stations and pop-up roof
- Unlimited mileage game drive
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Mineral water on all days
- All mentioned activities
- All park entrances fees
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) during the safari for emergence evacuations
- All government taxes
- Flights ( International)
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Tips for safari guide
- Personal expenses in nature such as money for souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees etc.
- Visa fees ( 100 USD for American and 50 USD for non-American)
- Immunization documents ( yellow fever recommended for visa processing on arrivals)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and /or park fees